Before enjoying your wheel, you must first connect it to the electron wheel app for calibration.
To do this:
- Open the electron wheel app.
- Press the gear icon on the lower right hand corner of your screen to go to the “settings” page.
- The first icon should read “connect”. Next to it, click the chain icon. You should see a dialogue box appear that reads “discovering electron wheels”.
- Select your wheel in the dialogue box. The wheel icon in the upper right hand of your screen should now be solid. Also, the “connect” icon will change to “disconnect”.
If no electron wheel is found, refer to our troubleshooting guide
- Next to “calibrate”, click the graph icon.
- Follow the on screen prompts and ride your bike for approximately 200 yards.
- It is important to maintain a constant pedaling speed, and to complete the 200 yards in the same spot you originated from. We recommend calibrating on a level surface, and slightly depressing the brakes to maintain a constant pedal.
- Once complete, you will see a dialogue box indicating a successful calibration
- Now, select whether your pedal sensor is located on the inside, or outside, of your pedal crank.
- And select the power assist mode of your preference. The wheel will default to Normal.